Thursday, September 15, 2011

this bitch is makin' bank!

Everybody, come gather around nice and tight, I have some exciting news! Listening?  I gots a job!

Everything  happened so quickly. Less than 36 hours ago I was pacing up and down a marble-floored lobby like a twitchy, skinny crack addict waiting for my interview to begin. And now - just four hours ago to be exact - I finally pressed 'Send' on my formal acceptance-of-offer e-mail.

So, first things first. The new gig is at a law firm in Martin Place, right next door to Tiffany's. It's also across from the Channel 7 studios, so you can rest assured that I'll be doing the mandatory talking-on-the-the phone-and-waving-like-a-fuckin-pleb thing  outside the window at least once while I'm there.

More importantly, the lawyer and the practice manager that I met with  yesterday are lovely and completely down to earth. The office itself is open plan and very new-age (although I suspect the open plan design is more out of financial considerations than any concious effort to be 'new-age'). Its main practice area is commercial law, so it is primarily involved in IPO transactions and commercial conveyancing and other such things.

But the bottom line is that the people are lovely and I can see myself happily working there, and at the end of the day, that's all that matters, right? Plus, I have a feeling I'll have a lot of down time to think about my future directions in law, while also getting my PLT hours under my belt and  earning some much needed moolah (there are a lot of little things bubbling away in this puny head, you see).

No comments:

Post a Comment