Monday, August 15, 2011

white parsons desk

I'm schicky! And I'm weak! This is what poor, schicky me has been downing all weekend:

Anyway, onto more pressing matters. I want a small white desk for my room! Preferably, a desk that I can place my lap top  on whilst I sit and twiddle my thumbs etc.

I love the famous West Elm's 'Parsons' desk. The design is so classic and timeless. But I can't seem to find a similar cheap one here in Sydney - so I'm thinking I might get the 'Parsons Mini' directly from West Elm in America for $200.00 (Incidentally, West Elm now ships to Australia, although they have delivery restrictions on 'oversized' furniture. Not sure whether the "mini" desk would constitutue 'oversized furniture'). 

Post Edit: Turns out that they can in fact ship the desk to Australia, but it will incur $234.00 in shipping costs - more than the desk itself!

Still, it's really tempting...






As you may recall, I found this desk at the rubbish dump at Macquarie University not too long ago. It used to be a chemistry table in its previous life, but after some hard sanding and a coat of white paint, it now lives in our living room holding two fruit bowls. Unfortunately,  it's too big for my bedroom!



No comments:

Post a Comment